- Digi International Inc. (“Digi”) will respond to clear notices of copyright infringement consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”).
- If you believe that an item has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is contained on a Digi site, you should provide written notice, pursuant to the DMCA, of the claimed copyright infringement. The notice should include, at a minimum, the following information.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be sent to:
Digi International Inc.
9350 Excelsior Blvd., Suite 700
Hopkins, MN 55343
- The Copyright Agent is not obligated to respond and will not remove content unless a valid notice is received. The Copyright Agent should be contacted only if you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and that such infringement is occurring on a Digi site.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Digi, its officers, directors, representatives, employees and agents against any damages, losses, liabilities, settlements and expenses (including, without limitation, costs and attorneys’ fees) in connection with a claim or action against Digi that arises from or is based on actions taken by Digi based on information provided by you that is false or substantially misleading.
Date posted: April 6, 2011