MINNETONKA, Minn., Oct. 10, 2018 – Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today announced that it will be highlighting a new line of high-performance vehicle routers at SmartTransit 2018. These routers have a range of performance features and options designed to address the emerging needs of paratransit, security, bus, rail and service vehicles. In addition to featuring these new offerings at its booth (Booth #E5), Digi will lead a roundtable discussion on mission critical communications for transit. SmartTransit 2018, the go-to event for transit industry executives, takes place October 23-25, 2018 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
Today, a single Digi router will provide a consolidated communications link for multiple applications, from fare collection, security video, computer-aided dispatch and automatic vehicle location (CAD/AVL), to onboard high-speed Wi-Fi, and even digital signage and advertising. Digi is a leading provider of connectivity solutions optimized for the transit industry, be it for government-mandated safety initiatives, first responder performance upgrades or improved rider experiences.
Digi products are designed for high performance, versatility and longevity so agencies can expect extended service life even as requirements evolve over time. Digi has recently introduced two new mobile access routers designed with the latest processor, cellular, WLAN and GPS technology. The Digi WR64 is purpose-built for large capacity transit vehicles, and the Digi WR54 is a compact general purpose router for emergency vehicles and others with multi-application needs.
“SmartTransit is the perfect opportunity to showcase the present and the future of our Digi wireless routers and device management tools,” said Digi Chief Product Officer Scott Nelson. “We’ve seen tremendous commitment to connectivity technology in this area as public transit agencies strive towards offering the safest, most rider-friendly and most efficient operations possible. We’re dedicated to providing solutions to support any application that helps meet those goals.”
- Digi WR64: A high performance cellular router with dual concurrent and independent cellular and high-speed Wi-Fi communications, this LTE-Advanced router is designed to support the high-capacity connectivity needs of agencies and their riders. Along with enterprise class routing, Digi WR64 integrates security, firewall and VPN functions. Digi will conduct demonstrations at its booth complete with live remote management dashboards and an expert walk-through.
- Digi WR54: This soon-to-be released cellular router comes with Wi-Fi and modules that include single/dual concurrent cellular communications. This LTE-advanced router is designed with many options to support the general needs of transit agencies, and is similar in design to its WR64 companion, with a smaller footprint and price tag.
- Digi WR44 RR: The Digi International primary Positive Train Control (PTC) offering, this rail-certified cellular router is specifically designed to withstand high vibration levels and the challenging electrical environment in which rail solutions must operate. It is installed in some of the largest public rail systems in the country, including the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), the first railroad in the U.S. to be 100% PTC compliant.
- Digi WR31: This intelligent 4G LTE router is designed for critical infrastructure and industrial applications, making it perfect for the wayside connectivity needed for PTC, signals, switches, and other transit control devices.
- Digi Remote Manager: Digi’s central, secure device management software can be used to deploy, configure, monitor and control all of these devices, to ensure firmware is up-to-date, to access data from connected devices, and to monitor network and device health with bi-directional communications. Digi Remote Manager gives users unprecedented access to and understanding of both the devices and network to help keep mission critical applications running properly.
- Mission Critical Communications for Transit (Wednesday, October 24 from 5 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.): Steve Mazur, Director of Government Business Development, Digi International, will lead a roundtable discussion on fail-safe, interoperable and secure communication network technology for mission critical applications as part of a discussion focused on what the advances in network equipment and services could mean for the transit industry going forward. The conversation will include dialogue on new system protocols and architecture, and how they will enable new voice, video and data services.
For more information on all of Digi’s transit solutions, please visit: http://ow.ly/LSYW30m96A4
About Digi International
Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we’ve helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Office: +1 781-418-2402