Some menu options on the left-hand side of the TransPort web interface are "missing".Cause:
Likely, the TransPort User
that's logged into the TransPort web interface has limited privileges due to the Access Level
Log in to the TransPort web interface with a User
that has the necessary Access Level
(privileges), otherwise adjust the Access Level
as needed for the User
User (named "super") with "Super" Access Level:
: This User has the Backup/Restore
and Update Firmware
menu options. It's also worth noting that the default username (which is "username") has "Super" Access Level by default.
Now compare the menu in the screenshot just above to the one just below, which represents a User (named "readonly") that has the "ReadOnly" Access Level:NOTE
: This "readonly" User does NOT have the "Backup/Restore" and "Update Firmware" menu options, in comparison.
The two Access Level settings discussed here, ReadOnly and Super are just two examples. None, Low, Med, and High are the other available settings.
Only a User with "Super" access may Backup/Restore and/or Update Firmware in the TransPort web interface.
Additional information about Access Level
settings, from the TransPort User Guide:Super
- Allows full access to all facilities.High
- Allows user to reconfigure the general configuration of the router and to change some settings such as the time and date. Not allowed to change user settings.Medium
- Allows user to access medium level configuration commands which allow some configuration of the router.Low
- Allows user to access low level commands which tend to be status and statistics commands.Read Only
- Read only access of the configuration.None
- User is not allowed to login via Web, FTP, SSH, and Telnet.
Mar 21, 2019