- Do NOT have the Edgeport USB device plugged into the USB port when starting the driver installation.
- You must have Administrator rights when installing the Edgeport driver.
- At this time, the current Edgeport driver is v5.70, it works for ALL model Edgeport USB-to-serial converters, and it's compatible with the following Operating Systems:
Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Server 2003 (R2), Server 2008 (R2), Server 2012 (R2).
Both 32-bit and 64-bit OS's are compatible.
- Download the Edgeport driver: http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002537_J.exe
- Once the Driver file has been downloaded, right-click 40002537_J.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Click the Setup button. A black window will appear for the driver installation. Once the black box has disappeared, plug the Edgeport device into the USB port and the Edgeport driver will automatically install.
To verify the Edgeport installed properly:
Screenshot of the Edgeport Configuration Utility:
- Click Start.
- Select Programs or All Apps for Windows 10
- Select Digi USB.
- Click Edgeport Configuration Utility.
- Confirm the Edgeport appears under the General tab.
- Double-click the Edgeport, to expand it, and confirm that all of the serial (COM) ports are listed.
Note: If further information is needed on the Edgeport device, please refer to the Edgeport Installation Guide: http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000403_L.pdf
Jun 06, 2019