Home/Support/Support Forum/Where do I put my new dts?
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Where do I put my new dts?

+1 vote
Hi,

I followed https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/embedded/dey/3.2/cc8mmini/yocto_t_install-dey
but after
repo init -u https://github.com/digi-embedded/dey-manifest.git -b refs/tags/3.2-r3.1
I don't find any dts files in the sources/ diorectory. I'm working with a ccimx6ulstarter and have an upgraded dts file. Where do I copy it to make sure it gets built along with bitbake core-image-base?
asked Jul 14 in Linux by electron New to the Community (8 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
build new workspace project first with default device tree, then modify it in tmp folder, aka:
vi ~/workspace/ccimx8x-sbc-pro/tmp/work-shared/ccimx8x-sbc-pro/kernel-source/arch/arm64/boot/dts/digi/ccimx8qxp-sbc-pro-wb.dts

Replace ccimx8x with the correct platform you are using
something like arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-ccimx6ulstarter-id129.dts
answered Jul 17 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (4,490 points)
Thank you for this Leonid, I will try it out. But I'm still wondering where the original dts in this directory is sourced from as the tmp/ dir just gets created during the bitbake operation.
Yes, in fact the link to ccimx8x-sbc-pro was wrong, I'm using ccimx6ulstarter.
So, as suggested, I copied the modified dts and modified the original imx6ul-ccimx6ulstarter-id129.dts. I then went back and executed bitbake core-image-base again but it seemed like it didn't pick up the change.
So, to confirm I renamed tmp/deploy/ to tmp/deploy~/ and also renamed sstate-cache/ to sstate-cache~/ but re-invocation of bitbake core-image-base still seemed to re-use some of the cached files from the previous build. How do I get the new dts in the tmp/ compiled now?

Thanks!
>So, as suggested, I copied the modified dts and modified the original imx6ul-ccimx6ulstarter-id129.dts. I then went back and executed bitbake core-image-base again but it seemed like it didn't pick up the change.

Yes, this is not enough. after modifying the device tree, go back to the workspace folder and do:
bitbake -c compile -f linux-dey
bitbake -C compile virtual/kernel
bitbake dey-image-qt