Home/Support/Support Forum/Unable to enable watchdog support from uboot side
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Unable to enable watchdog support from uboot side

0 votes
I am using digi 6ul connect core chip(ccimx6uldcm). I want to enable watchdog from uboot so i can restart the system whenever the kernel panic happens and I can boot from dual boot partition in case of unable to boot due to bad image or some other issue.

for enabling the watchdog I enabled few config from ccimx6uldcm_defconfig file

CONFIG_WATCHDOG
CONFIG_WDT
CONFIG_WDT_MCA
CONFIG_MCA_WATCHDOG
CONFIG_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_MSECS

I modified the device tree ccimx6uldcm.dtsi file as below. Is there anything wrong with the device tree modification, because i can see build failures after adding below code. what is the right place to add the below code lines.

mca_cc6ul: mca-@7e {
watchdog {
compatible = "digi,mca-cc6ul-wdt";
digi,timeout-sec = <15>;
digi,full-reset;
};
};

after doing this change still i can see the below msg on uboot console
U-Boot dub-2020.04-r5.2+g425dadfb02 (Jun 01 2022 - 09:34:33 +0000)

CPU: i.MX6UL rev1.2 528 MHz (running at 396 MHz)
CPU: Industrial temperature grade (-40C to 105C) at 63C
Reset cause: POR
I2C: ready
DRAM: 1 GiB
MCA: HW_VER=1 FW_VER=1.12
WDT: Not found!
PMIC: PFUZE3000 DEV_ID=0x30 REV_ID=0x11
NAND: 1024 MiB
MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Model: Digi International ConnectCore 6UL DCM.
ConnectCore 6UL SOM variant 0x04: Industrial Ultralite 528MHz, 1GB NAND, 1GB DDR3, -40/+85C, Wireless, Bluetooth

still I m getting a "WDT: not found" msg, what are the things which I am doing wrong, or is there any way possible to enable the watchdog from the u-boot side. So I can restart the system in case of kernel panic

I can able to start watchdog after kernel launch, with the below command I can start
=>cat /dev/watchdog
asked Jun 16 in Linux by suryaamr7 New to the Community (0 points)
edited Jun 16 by suryaamr7

Please log in or register to answer this question.