Home/Support/Support Forum/Digi XBee Cellular LTE Cat 1 Verizon in Europe
New and improved user forum site coming soon
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Digi XBee Cellular LTE Cat 1 Verizon in Europe

0 votes
Hi,

I am trying to get a XBC-V1-UT-001 XBee Cat1 Verizon running in europe. I am struggeling with getting a right SIM card. Do u have any recommendations where to get a compatible SIM card? Is there any way so get a german SIM running?

Regards,
Max
asked May 4 in Digi Connect Cellular by Till_Ecki New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+2 votes
I don't think you are going to. The CAT 1 Verizon is for Verizon or carriers that run on Verizon. What you need is the AT&T version of the module for Europe.
answered May 4 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,515 points)
+1 vote
I don't believe Digi has "AT&T version of the module for Europe". The best bet is to use the Digi LTE-M/NB-IoT modem (model XB3M1), but it is still limited by LTE CAT-M1 and/or NB-IoT coverage by country.

We have XB2M1 working using Telefonica NB-IoT in Spain and Telstra CAT-M1 in Australia. This modem is certified by both AT&T and Verizon in the US.
answered May 6 by acpie360 Community Contributor (88 points)
Thanks. I will try to get my hands on a XB3-C-A2-UT-001 and connect it using a Telefonica NB-IoT here in Germany.