Home/Support/Support Forum/AnywhereUSB/14 - WiFi dongle cannot start (code 10) on a Host VM
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

AnywhereUSB/14 - WiFi dongle cannot start (code 10) on a Host VM

0 votes
Hello,

I am using a WiFi dongle (Netgear A6200) connected to a AnywhereUSB/14 to provide a WiFi network adapter to a Windows 7 VM (using vmWare).
The AnywhereUSB utility and host Device Manager detect the dongle as "Other Device".
I install then the official driver and see the new network adapter (as expected), but with the error code 10 (This device cannot start).
I swapped the VM for my own laptop connected to the network and I have the same behavior.

The dongle A6200 is working fine when connected directly to my laptop (with the same drivers).
The AnywhereUSB is also working fine as I used successfully other USB devices in other groups.

Does anyone know what could cause this issue and how to fix it (missing file, configuration missing,...)

I also have the file usbd.sys in the directory /system32/drivers of the host VM.

Thanks
asked Oct 5, 2018 in Realport by Gwendal New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.