Home/Support/Support Forum/email with ssl not working
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

email with ssl not working

0 votes
I'm trying to send with RCM4000 and smtp_tls.c
The verbose printout is:
# IP addr. Mask Up Lnk Type MTU Flags Peer/router
--

--- --- ---- ----

0 217.208.53.33 255.255.255.128 yes yes eth 1500 *DD 217.208.53.1
Setting authentication parameters...
Sending mail to another@telia.com via mailout.telia.com
to:1729
subject:1719
SMTP: Resolving mailout.telia.com
TCP: 337ms since last call to tcp_tick!
SMTP: Opening to 3E14E982:1d1
SMTP: Connected
SMTP: Timed out
Error sending message

Why the long time since last tic?
When connected there must have been some conversation with mailout.telia.com?
There is a pop3 mailin.telia.com for email coming to me. This is not entered anywhere. Not needed to send email ?
asked Jan 8, 2015 in Rabbit Software by Kenneth43 New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I would check the return value from smtp_status() to find out why you are getting the "Error sending message" statement.

You were able to connect so I don't think there is anything wrong with the socket at that point.
answered Jan 8, 2015 by trooper2 Veteran of the Digi Community (591 points)
the return value from smtp_status() is -438, that is SMTP_TIME error.
After some changes, allowing uncoded message and nonmatching name in certificate, the return code was -439, SMTP_UNEXPECTED.
After trying with a certificate generated with the utility "certificate.exe", still no success. The end of the Stdio output is:
SMTP: Resolving mailout.telia.com                                               
TCP: 279ms since last call to tcp_tick!                                         
SMTP: Opening to 3E14E982:1d1                                                   
SMTP: Connected                                                                 
TCP: 1061ms since last call to tcp_tick!                                        
SMTP: Read: char(21),char(3)                                         
SMTP: Read:                                                                     
SMTP: Read: char(2),char(2),(                                     
Error sending message, rc=-439

After this I changed the port from 465, given for SSL by Telia to 587, not mentioned by Telia and it w o r k s !
Thanks!