Home/Support/Support Forum/Debugging a Dynamic C library
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Debugging a Dynamic C library

0 votes
Hi I'm new to dynamic C and I am currently working on a legacy product where changes need to be made. Is there a way to switch debugging on in a custom library file/module?
I vaguely remember seeing a #define DEBUG switch but that doesn't seem to work in that I can't insert a breakpoint.

Many thanks

Andy
asked Oct 8, 2013 in Rabbit Software by andylong_huk New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Just in case anyone else needs it, I figured it out. Add the following at the top of the lib file.

#define DEBUG_RST 1
answered Oct 8, 2013 by andylong_huk New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
most of the Rabbit libraries have a debug switch which you can trigger by defining the appropriate macro before the #use statement for that library (or libraries included by a higher level library).

For example you can define UDP_DEBUG to enable debugging of functions in the UDP lib but also DCRTCP_DEBUG to enable debug in all the TCP/IP stack functions.

Regards,
Peter
answered Oct 8, 2013 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (1,132 points)